Japan Tourist Visa Circa 2013

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

The last time I was in Japan was.... 2001 I think and it was just a quick 3 day trip, I honestly don't remember it anymore.  What I remember more was - freaking falling in line under the sun for two hours or so just to apply for a tourist visa!

But gone are those days!  Now, you won't need to wait under the sun - now, you'll just need to go to ANY of the accredited travel agency of the Japanese Embassy.  We picked Friendship Tours, they're located in Dusit Thani Hotel in Makati.  We were done in less than 40 minutes!  Oh, and now - only one (1) representative of the family is required to go to the travel agency to do all these (this is also the supposed 'appearance')  If you are bringing your nanny to Japan to accompany you, she will also need to be there for appearances sake.

Here are what I brought:

PASSPORTS - all of which SHOULD be still valid
BIRTH CERTIFICATES* - all should be NSO copies with corresponding receipts valid within 1 year
  In case of Late Registration - you will also need the following:
          Original Baptismal Certificate with telephone number of the Parish
          Original School Record Form 137 with telephone number of the School
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE* - should also be an NSO copy with corresponding receipt valid for 1 year
PICTURES - just go to your nearest Kodak center and tell them you need pictures for Japan Embassy (they already know this - but in case they don't, then click here for the photo guidelines)
TOUR ITINERARY - to show your day to day activity, click here for a sample
BANK CERTIFICATE - to show that you have money to spend on your trip (this is important for them because they want to make sure that you CAN spend for the trip and RETURN to the Philippines)
AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT & GUARANTEE - for those housewives, minors and nannies in tow (that the head of the family is able to spend and support the whole trip)

VISA FEE - P1,200.00 per person (non-refundable)

Friendship Tour is open from 8:00am to 5:00pm Mondays to Fridays

Make sure you bring all your documents.  
*If you have been previously issued a Japan visa, you won't bee needing the NSO documents anymore.  Just bring your old passport with the used Japanese Visa on them (they will return this to you)

Good luck!!

No comments :

Post a Comment