Hello Connor!

Friday, November 02, 2012

Last Monday - October 22, I gave birth ahead of schedule to a baby boy named Connor Bryce - and here is my birth story.

My actual due date is November 7, but since I underwent CS with Kailee, I had to go through another CS (not that I'm complaining!)  My Panget and I scheduled the procedure on October 28.  Now, why October 28 of all dates?  Well, first because our Kailee was to walk down the aisle for the first time as a flower girl at my good friend Cherry's wedding on the 27th.  Secondly because it was a Sunday - a less chaotic day for everyone - traffic wise and hospital wise.

I went to see my OB the Thursday before and was told to lessen my activities and refrain from walking, there was one problem, I liked to walk.  I loved going to Landmark to walk around.  Although I haven't dilated - my OB said to stop activities - I stopped going to work and spent most of the time at home with Kailee.  

But you see - on October 21, Sunday - my tummy started aching.  The ache was bearable - it didn't seem like a contraction.  It seemed like a normal tummy ache, so I ignored it.  For the past few weeks, I have had a hard time sleeping - waking up during the wee hours in the morning needing to pee, it was getting uncomfy because I felt so heavy already.  The aches that I felt, I dismissed as 'normal'

So Monday early morning, I felt the contractions.  The pain hasn't resonated to my back so, I thought it might just be the false labor - braxton hicks contractions.  I was able to fall asleep only to wake up again and I think I felt the pain reach my lower back.  But I wasn't sure!  So I tried to go back to sleep.  When my Panget was getting ready for work - I told him that I think I might be in labor.  My Panget smiled and told me to call him for whatever.  I remember it like it was yesterday - it was de ja vu.  It was like giving birth to Kailee all over again, you see I felt the contractions on a Monday also!  Haha..

I dressed up, took Kailee to my mom's and then texted my OB.  She told me to go to Cardinal since she will be there by 10:30am, she told me she wanted to see me and check how far along I was.  I told her I didn't want to go and that the pain was bearable, but she insisted - and as a precaution - I went.  I actually went home first, took a bath, packed my bag and then went to my mom's house again.  I said goodbye to Kailee and kissed her, I even told her that I'd be back in a few hours.

I reached Cardinal a little before 11am, I went directly to the Delivery Room and was let into the prep room.  I was immediately strapped with a monitor that records contractions.  The residents there we closely monitoring the contractions and 30 minutes went by and they haven't recorded anything.  So, to make me go home - they needed to do an IE.  I was confident that I was going home because I haven't felt any contraction at all!  But when the resident examined me, I was already 5cm dilated - de ja vu all over again.  I was told that they needed to open me up immediately.  My OB arrived just in time and confirmed that I needed to be opened up ASAP.

So I called my Panget and told him that I had to give birth ASAP.  He said for me to wait for another hour so that he could be with me.  I told my OB and she said they couldn't wait - but for sure my Panget will make it on time - because they still had to prep me.  I called my mom and told her the news, I texted a few friends that I was in the DR.  I was even able to speak to my friend Kath, while being wheeled in the DR!

The residents couldn't reach my anesthesiologist, but good thing there was one available - his name is Dr. Caballero.  I was wheeled into the DR a little before 12noon - I met Dr. Caballero, shook his hand and said that I had only one request - and that was to knock me OUT.  He said that he needed me conscious for some participation - and I told him I didn't want the participation part, I didn't want to hear or see the preparation - all I wanted to do is SLEEP through the procedure.  And he did that exactly.  And I love him for it!  I didn't even know that my Panget arrived.  I was woken up because the baby was out.  I remember my OB telling me 'Baby was out at 12:28pm as you requested, baby is okay!'  Then I remember hearing my Panget's voice saying that the baby is out.  I remember asking if he made it on time and he answered me with 'Barely!'  I was asleep again after that.

Connor Bryce was born on October 22, 2012 at 12:28pm he weighs 7lbs.  That's 10oz short of Kailee's weight!  He looked small to me because I remember Kailee being big!  

Everything happened so very fast - it was exactly the opposite of when I had Kailee before.  With Connor - he was out within two hours of arriving at the hospital!!

I think things got easier the second time around.  I knew what to expect and somehow I wasn't as scared.  I liked that everything happened so fast, I didn't have time to think and analyze anymore.  I remember I was getting anxious and counting down to the 28th, but instead I was caught off guard!

Welcome little Connor Bryce! :)  Mama, Dada and Kailee love you!! :)

P.S.  Would anyone care to guess where we got the names??

No comments :

Post a Comment